Friday, January 4

In Love vs Love



This is quoted words from a conversation between five professional 30 year old woman about being in love versus loving. These women are in various levels of relationships, from single to married.


A:
What is y'all opinion about loving someone and being in love with someone? Relationship wise. Every time I listen to Lauryn Hill I think about this.

B:
You mean like is there a difference between the two?

A:
Yea and what is enough to keep a relationship going? When we were younger I get it didn't really matter but at this age, I think understanding the difference is more important.

C:
I agree with understanding the difference. I think love is a feeling... it can be for anyone not just a Boo. In love is a deeper connection.

B:
I think if you are in a relationship then you are in love with that person. Otherwise I don't see how it progressed into a relationship. I do think that love can change as a person changes and the relationship changes

C:
A deep romantic love!

A:
I'm constantly getting questions around that topic from my single friends but it's hard to explain. For me it was a feeling. I've had love for past relationships but my husband is the only person I have ever felt like I was in love with. Like he is really a part of me that I need to survive.

C:
I think there are levels like "B" said... even to being in love with someone.

A:
I def agree with levels. Some guys I have liked more than others. Some I have questioned their existence.

A:
I think that liking someone plays a big role in loving. I can love everyone but I don't like them

C:
I have been in love and I have loved. There is a HUGE difference! I have a self preservation thing inside of me though. At some point that will trump in love and love for anyone. Every thing we love or are in love with is not good for us!!!

A:
You have to love yourself first. Protect your heart.

C:
Yeeeessssss. But for some women... well even men... loving someone else means forgetting about loving themself.

A:
In my experience, that won't work for long. My husband used to get so upset with me over that. When I didn't love myself, he didn't want to be around me. I get it now.

C:
That can be a dangerous line because the person with low self-love or self-esteem could start feeling dependent on the love from the other person.

A:
That is exactly what happened , I was draining him emotionally.
C:
My ex husband was like that. He took any disagreement we had to mean I did not love him anymore.

D:
I think there is a great difference. Love has many sides.... It is not black n white and everyone shows and receives it differenty. I think it goes from like.... to love.... to in love. I think its gradual... not instantaneous. I think like makes you want a relationship. Love opens the door of bonding and vulnerability. But in love steps in when all hell has broken loose but you fight to make it work anyway.

C:
I think in love is when you accept the person faults AND annoyances. Cause before that you are still giving them the side eye. Like "You do what?"

E:
I agree with all of y'all. There's really not much for me to add. Expect love not only makes you accept flaws it makes you sometimes overlook them altogether.

A:
Overlook? Naw...I still see that ish!

C:
lol I'm with "A". I SEE it! I just don't flip out or get the itch of annoyance or irritation.

D:
"E" you are right about overlooking.....or explaining away their flaws.

E:
I mean, it's like that saying, "nobody's perfect until you fall in love with them"

A:
I get that, but I love my husband because he isn't perfect. His imperfections make him perfect for me.

C:
To me a person's flaws makes them who they are.

A:
If he was perfect I would feel the need to be perfect then I would be miserable

C:
I agree completely "A". It is the full package of them that makes me love them and fall in love with them. 


Do you agree with one these women? Disagree?
Do you think there is a difference between loving and being in love? What do you feel is different?

No comments:

Post a Comment