Thursday, November 29

Build Up Your Mate


A while back I read an article online that really made me check myself as a mate. One thing that always stays on my mind is whether or not I am being a helpmeet or a quarrelsome wife. I learned a while ago that the best way to "train" my husband is with my actions. The better I am, the better he acts (I know this doesn't work in all situations).

The article I read describes ways in which I could use my words and actions to build up my husband instead of using them to tear him down.

Here are six ways we can start building up our husbands today:
1. Listen to what he has to say so that you will recognize what's on his heart.
2. Make an effort to be as cheerful as you were when you were engaged to be married.
3. Ignore his faults and focus on his strong points by taking note of them.
4. Compliment him for the way that he looks and the good things that he does like working hard for the family.
5. See him for who he is, not who you want him to be.
6. Be slow to anger. Relay your frustration with love, respect, and a cool head.

Honestly, I can say that I do most of those things fairly well but I am FAR from perfect. There are times where I slip  up and I don't listen to him. Days pass when I don't tell him "thank you" for the things that he does without asking. The worst for me is "slow to anger," when I get angry it's loud, quick, and over the top. I am still working on that and I do believe that I am on the road to improvement since I can recognize that this is an issue.

I challenge you right now to think of some a few ways that you acknowledge and build up your mate. I'll start:

Dear Husband,
Thank you for being the type of man that will go to work and work hard each day to provide.
Thank you for getting up at 3am to let the dog out.
Thank you for making me laugh in the middle of my flowing tears.
You are sexy!
Thank you for still trying to charm me like you did when we were dating.
Thank you most of all for not being perfect because of that, I know that you do not expect me to be perfect.

See the article here: 6 Ways To Build Up Our Husbands


♥Emerald

2 comments:

  1. Yes, honey! I am also working on being slow to anger and LISTENING to him. Not long ago, he actually told me that he doesn't feel like I listen to him during disagreements and that struck a chord with me. He was right. Ever since then, I've been focused on really l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g to him!

    So let me build up my boo-thang right now!

    Dear husband,

    I feel very blessed to have a man who is not afraid to share his feelings. Thank you.

    Thank you for telling me that I'm beautiful and how much you love me, every, single, day.

    Thank you for taking an interest in the things that I like to do.

    Your talent and creativity is a turn on.

    I like the way you line up your mustache and beard with 'dem clippers. lol! :)

    Thank you for believing in and practicing teamwork! Our home runs smoothly because of you!

    I admire your work ethic, your values, your down-to-earth-ness, your sense of humor and your desire to ... just make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Even though I am not married, this is very helpful. I have been in a couple long term relationships, including a marriage. Looking at the list of things to do to build a mate up, I can see there are things I need to work on. I will make a conscious effort to do these so that I can become a better person and mate.

    ReplyDelete